This is a full-time contract position with the potential to move to employee status over time.
You’re the one who stops at nothing to impress when given an opportunity to shine. You’re still pretty new to the marketing biz, but you already know that the three Rs – Reading, ‘riting, and ‘rithmetic? Try: research, writing, and reporting – are imperative to meeting and exceeding client expectations. You know you aren’t like every other marketer or communicator out there, and you don’t want the same job as everyone else. Your references would say you’re “thorough,” “driven,” “reliable,” and “obsessed with quality.” And you’re ready and eager to make your mark in the content marketing world.
We’re seeking a content marketing specialist to become part of our & CO and grow along with us. You’ve got to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get down in the dirt to learn our clients’ businesses inside and out, support our many writing-intensive projects, and help optimize content programs through smart, story-focused reporting. Do you see more ways you can help us grow and deliver for our clients? Show us, and we’ll find ways to utilize your content marketing superpowers.
SOME KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Research & Discovery
- Gather information about our clients, their customers and their competitors
- Audit content and social channels against benchmarks and best practices
- Create internal and client-facing presentations of your research findings
- Identify online influencers, opinion leaders, content creators and SMEs
- Stay on top of news and resources in the content marketing space
Writing & Social
- Create short-form web and social media content (posts, tweets, pins, etc.)
- Assist with larger writing-focused content assignments
- Support development of content calendars
- Source and curate third-party content to share online
- Support social media community management and audience development
Reporting & Optimization
- Utilize available reporting tools to compile results for client reports
- Build client report presentations each month/quarter/etc.
- Pinpoint recommendations to optimize programs based on performance
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years relevant job experience; will consider recent graduates with strong marketing internships
- Exceptional writing skills with examples
- Strong and current understanding of social media platforms
- Experience building marketing content plans and schedules
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Photography or graphic design skills a bonus
- Basic web development skills a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Successful and efficient working remotely
- Focused and conscientious without constant supervision
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
- Eager to learn and apply new skills
While we’re a virtual company, we do believe in occasional face time. So although we’re looking for the best possible colleague regardless of location, ideal candidates will be in the New York metro area. This full-time contract position offers competitive compensation from the start, and an opportunity to move to full-fledged employee status when the time is right.
Are you ready to join us? To apply, send an email to email@example.com. Include your resume, but instead of a formal cover letter, use your creativity to tell us your story in a way that makes us want to know more about you.