Today’s “Five Faves” is brought to you by fistfuls of tissues, cough drops, and cold medicine. We’re a bit of a mess over here at VERDINO & CO headquarters, but that hasn’t stopped us from having a productive week. And maybe our clients had to ask ‘Is that really you?’ a few times. It’s us, we swear! Check out some of the reads that have kept us going this week:
- With the year drawing to a close — how did this happen? — we read these “CEO + CMO Predictions for Marketing Leaders in 2016” from Forbes via the NewsCred blog. One in particular that jumped out to us was No. 12. Take a look.
- In the spirit of predictions, we also saw our longtime pal C.C. Chapman predict, with hope, that “content marketing” as a distinct term will disappear, because, he says, “all marketing is content marketing.”
- Talking about giving “content marketing” the shove, we enjoyed this piece from Kuno Creative on a mindset shift to “context marketing.”
- Another good read this week covered four steps to getting B2B executive buy-in for content programs. TL;DR? Articulate the why. Demonstrate the how. Explain the what. Prove your point with data.
- This week, Greg gave our readers a glimpse of the tools of our trade — the programs and apps that help us help our clients. Some of my personal favorites: GatherContent, SmartSheet, and Dropbox.