While you’ve been unboxing all your Amazon Prime Day purchases, we’ve been shopping around for prime news and views from the world of content marketing. Here are five of our favorite posts for the week ending July 17, 2015. (Hey, that’s today!)
- Those of you who know us well, know that Twitter is near and dear to our hearts. We’re not alone, and many of us who have been with the platform since its early days feel forlorn when we see how it has changed. The Atlantic‘s thoughtful eulogy for Twitter looks at why the bigger Twitter gets the lonelier it feels.
- If you’re like us, you believe in the power of content marketing. But for many brands, content marketing might not be working as well as it could. This KISSmetrics post lays out 10 reasons your content marketing isn’t working. From our perspective, taking care of reason #1 (spoiler alert – reason #1 is you don’t have a strategy) will take care of #2-10 as well.
- If you’re looking for some content marketing inspiration, eConsultancy ran a great roundup of excellent examples from healthcare companies. Creative, engaging, evocative — even in cases where the subject matter might be a little dry.
- On our own blog, we took a look at nine less common tools you can use to build better content marketing programs.
- As for Amazon Prime Day… Although Amazon says the event did indeed boost sales, lots of shoppers felt Prime Day was pretty subprime — which made for some mighty entertaining tweets. And that brings us back to ‘doh.’