This week, Jennifer Lopez celebrated her 46th birthday by keeping it consistent — wearing a barely-there dress. As you build you content program, make sure you’re portraying your brand promise in a consistent way. Set the right expectation with your audience and deliver what they’re hoping for. This week, while J. Lo was putting her assets on display, we donned our usual duds as the best of the week in content marketing was revealed…
- NewsCred’s Michael Brenner wrote about the value of storytelling and how to do it well.
- TopRank Blog explored the convergence of PR, marketing, and customer service with the argument that while these disciplines converge, professionals in the space need to cross-train for success.
- Greg asked “Are marketers at war with consumers?” in his latest blog post, nudging marketers everywhere to reconsider how they approach, “target,” and communicate with their customers.
- eConsultancy contributor James Carson delved into 10 steps for better content distribution, illuminating the STEPPS and SUCCESs frameworks. We’re using his tip No. 7 by including his piece here.
- While our 5-month-old son absorbed some educational Nick Jr. content, I captured a video of his newly acquired sitting skills, which earned a three heart, three exclamation point seal of approval from the one and only Ann Handley. (Thanks, Ann!) Disclaimer: this is quite possibly the cutest thing you’ll see today.