This is the week Nicki feuded with Taylor, while Trump took on everyone else. Meanwhile, we’ve been keeping to ourselves and curating the content marketing articles we love. Here are five of our faves for the week ending July 24, 2015. Big hugs to the authors for writing good stuff.
- Business2Community asked 13 marketers to dish out some tough love and think about the brands they love that haven’t yet embraced content marketing – and talk about the reasons they should.
- Customer strategist Esteban Kolsky took on the common practice of customer journey mapping with a thought provoking post on why this process might not work anymore. For the content marketing types among us, he argues “customers never expect the businesses to ‘get them the appropriate content’ anymore.”
- BBC assistant editor scolded journalists, telling them to stop shouting on social and start listening. So for all the ways brands need to behave more like media companies, it would seem there’s at least one way marketers and journalists are already similar.
- Back home on & COntent, Amanda walked readers through the 5E’s of Content Marketing Excellence. See? We’re all about the love.
- And finally, it seems all our social media friends are playing with the Trump Insult Generator. It’s a clever little app that’s good for a minute or so of lost time. See what President Donald thinks of you. And in case you haven’t been following the Nicki-Taylor Twitter throwdown, this Vox article explains it all. And don’t worry – apologies have been tweeted and all’s well that ends.