Five Faves: We’re All Screwed Edition

Five Faves: We’re All Screwed Edition

It was a week chock-full of depressing news, from the reveal of a years-long Ukrainian hacking operation that screwed with the stock market, to a significantly devalued Chinese yuan which also screwed with the stock market, to Kylie Jenner’s 18th birthday milestone which possibly screwed with your news feed and/or your brain cell function. It’s enough to make you wish there were some good ole content marketing reads to put a smile back on your face. Lucky for you, we’ve got a handy list of a few worthy stories right here.

  • So maybe you shouldn’t start smiling quite yet. Contently shared research from the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council that shows CMOs aren’t too jazzed about current content marketing programs. In fact, only 12% of senior marketers feel their organization keeps specific audiences, industries, and targets in mind when developing content. If you’re part of the other 88%, let’s talk.
  • With the Internet of Things (IoT) fueling innovation and new opportunities across various industries, it’s a major shift that is poised to open all kinds of doors for content marketers everywhere. Now is the time for marketers to stretch their imaginations and build toward the exciting next chapter in our industry.
  • What kind of content culture does your organization have? Ian Patterson, one of our favorite collaborators, explores the idea of content marketing risk-taking and the notion that content culture is a major driver of business transformation.
  • Have you ever thought to yourself, ‘I wish I could find the perfect free stock photo to complement my content creation efforts?’ Greg compiled a list of 49 resources where content marketers can find high-quality, unique, and free images to use in your work. No matter how big or small your budget is, everybody likes a little something for nothing. (This week’s feature image is from Photo Everywhere.)
  • This week we happened upon beauty and skincare brand GLAMGLOW’s latest and greatest content asset. Using a website refresh as a content marketing opportunity, GLAMGLOW invites visitors to watch an entertaining, on-brand short film on their home page until their full site is back up and running. If I ever take a wrong turn in a time machine, I can only hope I’ll stumble upon their GLAM LAND party.

 

About the Author